Designers and planners shall be provided with retrofit guidelines for concepts and technologies regarding energy efficiency and good indoor environment quality in school buildings from simple, but significant energy reduction and indoor environment improvements up to zero emission schools as target.
In an earlier EU project retrofit design guidelines for public buildings have been developed on certain specific innovative technologies and design strategies. These design guidelines will be combined and extended into 2 main guidelines, one on building technologies and one on building service systems, and will be enhanced by a guideline on improved indoor environment quality. As highlight a guideline will be written on solution sets for zero emission school buildings.
- 4 retrofit guidelines for school buildings on the following topics:
- Indoor environmental quality in schools
- Retrofit of building construction elements
- Retrofit of building service systems
- Solution sets for zero emission/energy surplus schools