The School of the Future project delivered the following project results during the working phase from February 2011 to January 2016:
- A summary report of the available international knowledge concerning energy efficient school buildings and high indoor comfort.
- A database of the available international knowledge concerning energy efficient school buildings and high indoor comfort.
- 4 reports on the result of the technology screening: Which retrofit technologies should be best applied at which type of school buildings in which climate (See technology screening)
- 4 retrofit guidelines for school buildings on the following topics:
- Indoor environmental quality in schools
- Retrofit of building construction elements
- Retrofit of building service systems
- Solution sets for zero emission/energy surplus schools
- An information tool presenting the 4 demonstration buildings, a benchmarking system and a database with measured data from various school buildings
- 4 retrofitted energy efficient school buildings with high indoor environment quality
- A report of the design phase of the 4 school building retrofits.
- A building diary on the website (already available: Germany / Denmark / Italy / Norway)
- A report of the design, realisation, commissioning and monitoring of the 4 school building retrofits
- A simple energy performance calculation tool for the use in school lectures in the four languages of the School of the Future partners: Danish, German, Italian and Norwegian.
- 3 sets of training material for pupils, teachers and technical service personnel
- Various dissemination activities including publications such as conference papers, journal articles, a project brochure and an information and discussion platform on the portal BUILD UP.
Available project results
Report of the design, realisation, commissioning and monitoring of the 4 school building retrofits